JAKARTA, 18 - 20 jULy 2007
Teaching bahasa Indonesia for foreign speakers (BIFS) is facing various obstacles. From some sources, lately, it is found out that the condition of teaching BIFS in some countries outside Indonesia is indicating a decline, either from the intensity of BIFS program itself or from foreigners’ interest in learning bahasa Indonesia. Those declines are caused by some factors, internal factor which comes from country where BIFS program is being conducted and external factor especially the condition of Indonesia itself.
Based on observation on those declines tendency outside Indonesia, the National Language Center (Pusat Bahasa), Ministry of National Education—as a state institution whose mission is to manage the development of bahasa Indonesia either inside or outside the country and as the institution which is expected to shade all BIFS institutions—considers that it is necessary to find a proper solution to prevent any further decline. An effort proposed by Pusat Bahasa needs support from any related institutions or personals, inside as well as outside the country. Therefore, any potencies and opportunities have to be discovered and developed as maximum as possible in order to solve those declines problem. One possible effort managed by Pusat Bahasa is by conducting an International Seminar and Workshop on Teaching Bahasa Indonesia for Foreign Speakers to compile data and input to overcome those declines problem.
This International Seminar and Workshop on Teaching BIFS aims to raise institution’s role in developing BIFS program as an effort to improve image of Indonesian language and culture internationally. Further, this aims can be specified as follows.
1. to improve a better cooperation among institutions which organize BIFS program inside and
outside the country.
2. to encourage and facilitate institutions which organize BIFS program.
3. to improve quality of teaching BIFS inside and outside the country.
4. to improve quality of human resources in teaching BIFS inside and outside the country.
“IMPROVING INDONESIA IMAGE TROUGH BAHASA INDONESIA
FOR FOREIGN SPEAKERS (BIFS)"
1. BIFS as a cross culture media of communication
2. Roles of Indonesian representatives in developing BIFS
3. Cooperation intensity among institutions in developing BIFS
4. BIFS program to increase interest in studying Indonesia
5. Roles of language law within BIFS program perspective
This seminar and workshop presents at least 50 speakers, either keynote speakers or co-keynote speakers.
(1) Germany (Bernd Nothofer), (2) United Kingdom (E. Ulrich Kratz), (3) France (Jerōme Samuel), (4) Italy, (5) United States (Marmo Sumarmo) (6) Australia (David Hill & Karen Bailey), (7) Japan (Mikihiro Moriyama), (8) South Korea (Chung Yong-Rhim), (9) Netherland (Hein Steihauer), (10) Russia (Tatiana Dorofeeva), (11) China (Wu Wen Xia)
(1) Bambang Sudibyo (Minister of National Education), (2) Dendy Sugono (Head of National Language Center), (3) Director of Public Diplomacy Ministry of Foreign Affairs, (4) Widodo Hs. (UM, Malang), (5) Nyoman Riasa (APBIPA Bali), etc.
Papers are selected from participants. Paper abstract which is relevant to the main theme or sub-themes (± 250 words should be sent to the committee no later than 19 May 2007. Notification of accepted abstract will be announced by 31 May 2007. Complete paper should be received by committee no later than 29 June 2007.
Participants of this seminar and workshop are from various institutions (BIFS program institutions and other related institutions). In general, participants of this event are as follows.
(1) Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Direktorat Diplomasi Publik)
(2) Ministry of National Education (Biro kerja Sama Luar Negeri, Direktorat Pendidikan Tinggi, Pusat Bahasa, dan Balai Bahasa)
(3) Directorate General of Immigration
(4) State Secretariat
(5) Legislative Assembly (DPR)
(1) The Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia and Education and Cultural Attaché
(3) Cultural centers
(4) BIFS courses institutions
(2) International schools in Indonesia
(3) Foreign cultural centers
(4) Courses institutions
(1) Teachers and lectures
(3) Those who are interested in Indonesian language and culture
Registration fee is Rp500.000,00 (for Indonesian) or US$ 100,00 (for non-Indonesian). This fee includes seminar kit, snacks, and lunches. This fee does not include accommodation. Committee could help participants to arrange accommodation.
Payment should be transferred to Bank BNI Bank account 0068851283 on behalf of Ganjar Harimansyah. Please send the registration form together with a copy of transfer slip to committee no later than 29 June 2007.
BOOK EXHIBITION AND SALE
Book exhibition and sale will complete this seminar and workshop. In relation with that, committee invites BIFS organizer in Indonesia or outside Indonesia to open counter, to display, as well as to promote their BIFS programs during seminar and workshop. Committee also invites book publisher or book shop to open counter, to promote, or to sell books during seminar and workshop.
DATE & VENUE
18—20 July 2007
at Pusat Bahasa, the Ministry of National Education
Jalan Daksinapati Barat IV Rawamangun
Jakarta 13220, INDONESIA
DEPARTEMEN PENDIDIKAN NASIONAL
JALAN DAKSINAPATI BARAT IV RAWAMANGUN
+62 21 4896558 Pesawat 157
+62 21 4750407
Tuesday, 20 February 2007 10:16:10 AM +0700